(Available Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm, and Saturday, 9am to 3pm)
Debt is an exhausting business, both financially and emotionally, especially in the current financial climate. The anxiety it provokes can drain life of joy and pleasure as well as putting personal relationships under intolerable pressure. But with the right kind of advice and planning, you can make your debt a thing of the past. It might take longer for some than for others, but there is no reason to continue battling alone.
CiC offers free confidential advice and long term support to help you manage your finances more effectively. This service offers a hands-on approach to help you deal with all your debt concerns, restoring the freedom to focus on work, career and life-plan objectives. The advice you receive is impartial, non-judgemental and focused on finding a realistic solution that is right for you, your family and your home.
The range of possible strategies includes:
- Debt Management Plans. These are arrangements between you and your creditors which CiC manages for you. You repay your debts at a rate you can afford and CiC helps remove the stress by dealing with your creditors.
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements. These are more structured and binding repayment plans (usually over five years) that freeze interest and charges on your unsecured debts. In return, you are required to stick to a budget for the term of the arrangement and all your assets and liabilities must be declared.
Other benefits of our debt advice plans include:
- Income maximisation through expert benefits advice
- Tailored mortgage advice
- The ability to switch from costly debt management providers
- No hidden charges, subscriptions, commissions or fees
Legal, Financial and Tax advice
(Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm)
Your CiC Confidential Care consultant can refer you to efficient and practical advice on a full range of complex and sensitive legal and tax issues. Our team of experienced advisors includes barristers, solicitors and executives with legal, accountancy and banking backgrounds, who share access to an extensive law library and online legal research materials.
You can rest assured that the advice you receive will be impartial, reliable, easily accessible and free of legal jargon.
Issues covered include:
- Consumer Law
- Matrimonial Law
- Debt and Bankruptcy
- Child Maintenance
- Welfare and Benefits
- Motoring Offences
- Contact with Children
- Personal Injury
- Boundary Disputes
- Domestic Violence
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Planning Matters
- Health and Safety
- Bereavement, wills and probate
(Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
The CiC Family Care service offers assistance with practical problems relating to child care, care of the elderly, disability care and even pet care. There is no limit to the complexity or the number of requests that can be made, providing the requests are ethical and legal.
Every service or individual that we recommend is thoroughly vetted and checked for sustainability and availability.
Services and resources that we can help you locate include:
- Nurseries, playgroups and after-school clubs
- Au-pairs and nannies
- Information about child illness and treatment
- Ideas on what to do with children during the summer break and help in finding child-friendly holidays, hotels or restaurants
- Locations, costs and details of care homes and nurses/carers
- Details of doctors, dentists, disabled car schemes, clubs, events and support groups
- Holiday providers for those with disabilities
- Specialist equipment for those with disabilities
- Vets, breeders, kennels/catteries, pet sitters and rescue centres
- Animal-related information
(Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
CiC Everyday Matters saves you precious time. You tell us about the services, activities and suppliers that you’re looking for in your area and we’ll put you in touch with people who will do all the research for you. We will then send you an information pack with the search results, including costings.
Below are some examples of the areas in which we can help you, although there are in effect no limits to the types of information employees of your organization can request.
- Healthcare – doctors, dentists (private and national health), therapists
- Moving into a new area – utilities, health centres, local information
- Inoculations advice
- Foreign office advice
- Airport information
- Passport advice and visas
Family & Pets
- Evening classes
- Kennels & catteries
- Market research
- Simple gifts – flowers, wine, chocolates
Leisure & Entertainment
- Beauty & fitness clubs
- Find a driving school
- Leasing and hire companies