Trauma can strike organisations in many different ways. From natural disasters to workplace fatalities, traffic accidents and personal bereavement, critical incidents can have a devastating impact both on individuals, their teams and their families. For this reason, CiC’s Critical Incident Management and Support solutions offer a combination of rapid response, on-site intervention, longer-term clinical support, individual and group counselling.
CiC has developed long-standing expertise in supporting those who work in some of the world’s most challenging environments. Our global critical incident support service currently covers clients including humanitarian agencies, police forces, war reporters, the construction industry and others after a critical incident. But we also know that tragedy can strike close to home in the most apparently stable environments.
Using this service your organisation can . . .
- Access appropriately timed interventions for employees, either group or one to one
- Obtain the right type of support at the right time, depending on the situation, the right response at the right time can be critical in traumatic situations
- Help staff and managers understand human reactions to a crisis and learn more about supporting those involved
- Access onward referrals for individual or group support, including reporting and future monitoring for risk.
Using this service will mean your organisation . . .
- Will be practicing duty of care for your employees
- Will help minimise the impact of trauma on staff, including absenteeism
- Can access ongoing consultancy and support from CiC, including preparing for the likelihood of critical incidents from a Business Continuity standpoint
- Can quantify the effects of possible trauma following incidents in able to make informed decisions relating to Health and Safety practices and other policies.